Trusted by generations of residents and practitioners, The Harriet Lane Handbook from The Johns Hopkins University remains your first choice for fast, accurate information on pediatric diagnosis and treatment. Now even more convenient to carry, it’s your go-to resource for a wealth of practical information, including the latest treatment and management recommendations, immunization schedules, procedures, and therapeutic guidelines, as well as a unique, comprehensive drug formulary. New information on dermatology treatments, eczema complications, lead poisoning, and signs of child abuse keeps you completely up to date. You’ll also have easy access to the entire contents online, with frequent updates to drug information, treatment protocols, vaccination schedules, and downloadable images at www.expertconsult.com.
• Benefit from time-tested, practical wisdom - from the first book written "by residents, for residents," reviewed by expert faculty at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and essential for all health care professionals who treat children.
• Find information quickly and easily, even in the most demanding circumstances, with a modified outline format.
• Rely on the most dependable drug information available with the thoroughly updated, one-of-a-kind pediatric formulary.
• Ensure accurate and efficient diagnosis and treatment with all-new coverage of dermatology treatments, eczema complications, and lead poisoning, as well as new CDC immunization schedules, vaccine abbreviations, and full-color images of the signs of child abuse.
• Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, including frequent updates to the trusted and comprehensive Pediatric Drug Formulary.
Carry it more easily in your pocket with its smaller, more concise format - still delivering the same high-quality information you can refer to with confidence, but in a more convenient size.
Harriet Lane, the most trusted pediatric handbook for over 50 years, is your first and best option for help in daily diagnosis and treatment.
Reviewer:Judy Moreau, MD(Ochsner for Children)
Description:This is an updated version of "the" handbook for pediatrics that is the go-to guide for every pediatric resident. The previous edition was published in 2005.
Purpose:It achieves its goal of being a comprehensive and easily accessible guide to pediatrics.
Audience:The book is written for residents but is useful for practitioners as well.
Features:This pocket-sized handbook covers every topic in pediatrics from acute care to cardiology, neonatology, and nutrition. The new format with more relevant tables on the inner covers is excellent. It is also the accepted authority on pediatric drug dosing.
Assessment:This is the book to have as a companion during residency and as a resource during practice.