Grammar and Context:
- considers how grammatical choices influence and are influenced by the context in which communication takes place
- examines the interaction of a wide variety of contexts including socio-cultural, situational and global influences
- includes a range of different types of grammar functional, pedagogic, descriptive and prescriptive
- explores grammatical features in a lively variety of communicative contexts, such as advertising, dinner-table talk, email and political speeches
- gathers together influential readings from key names in the discipline, including: David Crystal, M.A.K. Halliday, Joanna Thornborrow, Ken Hyland and Stephen Levey.
The accompanying website to this book can be found at