Economists need to bring clear thinking and a host of analytical techniques to a wide range of topics. The Student Guide to Writing Economics will equip students with the tools and skills required to write accomplished essays.
Robert Neugeboren provides a concise, accessible guide to the writing process taking the student through the stages of planning, revising and editing pieces of work. This book presents the core principles of the 'economics approach' and covers essential topics such as
· The key to successful writing in economics
· Basic methods economists use to analyze data and communicate ideas
· Suggestions for finding and focusing your chosen topic
· Vital techniques for researching topics
· How to approach the citing of sources and creating a bibliography
The Students Guide to Writing Economics also includes up-to date appendices covering fields in economics such as standard statistical sources, on-line search engines and electronic indices to periodical literature.
This book will prove to be an invaluable resource for students seeking to understand how to write successfully in economics.