Instructional Strategies for Middle and High School is an accessible, practical, and engaging methods textbook that introduces pre-service teachers to various instructional strategies and helps them to decide how and when to use these methods in the classroom. Classrooms are comprised of diverse learners, and aspiring teachers will face complex decisions about the assessment of student learning and classroom management. Instructional Strategies for Middle and High School equips pre-service teachers with the methodological tools to promote understanding, conceptual awareness, and learning for every child in the classroom.
- clear, step-by-step descriptions of seven instructional techniques that pre-service teachers can realistically implement within the classroom setting
- practical suggestions for ways to integrate effective classroom management and valid assessment techniques with each instructional strategy
- concrete examples to illustrate each concept or teaching method described
- guidelines for deciding which instructional methods are most appropriate to different classroom situations and for diverse learners
- guides for creating lesson plans
- access to a comprehensive companion website that provides additional resources and further ways to engage with the material presented in the chapters. http://www.routledge.com/textbooks/instructionalstrategies