The author of the national bestseller Making a Difference presents the indispensable characteristics every twenty-first century leader needs.
In A New Breed of Leader, Dr. Sheila Murray Bethel-global leadership expert, bestselling author, and award-winning speaker-will show readers how to develop the essential qualities needed to become an effective leader:
• Competence-building purpose
• Accountability-fostering trust
• Openness-generating integrity
• Humility-inspiring authenticity
• Language-connecting relationships
• Values-forging community
• Perspective-establishing balance
• Power-mastering influence Filled with stories about and interviews with successful leaders such as golf legend Arnold Palmer; Andrea Young, CEO Avon Corporation; Howard Schultz, CEO Starbucks; and David Neeleman, CEO JetBlue; this book offers valuable insights and teaches readers how to take advantage of the immediately usable action steps.