This leading text reflects both the new direction and explosive growth of the field of hematology. Edited and written by practitioners who are the leaders in the field, the book covers basic scientific foundations of hematology while focusing on its clinical aspects. This edition has been thoroughly updated and includes ten new chapters on cellular biology, haploidentical transplantation, hematologic manifestations of parasitic diseases, and more. The table of contents itself has been thoroughly revised to reflect the rapidly changing nature of the molecular and cellular areas of the specialty. Over 1,000 vivid images, now all presented in full color for the first time, include a collection of detailed photomicrographs in every chapter, selected by a hematopathology image consultant. What's more, this Expert Consult Edition includes access to the complete contents of the book online, fully searchable.
• A multidisciplinary approach from a unique team of specialists delivers well-rounded guidance on every topic.
• "Red boxes" present the authors' unique personal strategies for diagnosis and treatment.
• An intuitively re-designed table of contents makes information easier than ever to find.
• Online access allows you to rapidly search the entire contents of the book.
• Regular online updates personally overseen by Dr. Hoffman keep you apprised of important new developments.
• Ten cutting-edge new chapters - on cellular biology, haploidentical transplantation, hematologic manifestations of parasitic diseases, and more - keep you completely current.
• More than 1,000 vibrant images, all presented in full color for the first time, include a collection of detailed photomicrographs in several chapters selected by a hematopathology image consultant.
• An enhanced clinical focus makes actionable information easier to find and apply.
• Enhanced coverage of pediatric hematology reflects the supervision of new section editor Helen Heslop, MD, FRCPA, FRACP.
Your purchase entitles you to access the website until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the website be discontinued.
In less than a decade of existence, this textbook has swiftly established itself as an authoritative and reliable reference source in the hematology field. It appears to me that among the four major textbooks, Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice has achieved the most harmonious and balanced blend of basic science and clinical information. It is a welcome development of the past decade in the field of hematology.