Widely acknowledged as the foremost introductory text, this latest edition provides the most authoritative and complete overview of anesthesia theory and practice and continues to serve as an excellent primer on the scope and practice of anesthesiology. Superbly edited by two of the foremost experts in the field, the new edition is presented in full color and includes updated information on new and rapidly changing areas in anesthesia practice. The new topics include Approach to Learning Anesthesia; Medical Informatics; Basic Cardiopulmonary Physiology; Hemostasis; Congenital Heart Disease; Trauma; Bioterrorism; and Medical Direction in the Operating Room.
• Comprehensive coverage of the basic science and clinical topics in anesthesiology
• Includes pathophysiology, pharmacology, regional anesthesia, anesthetic management, and special problems and patient groups
• Numerous figures and tables throughout the book condense complex material for easier retention
• Concise writing style facilitates learning and review of content
• Now in full color throughout
• All chapters rigorously updated to reflect the latest advances in practice
• New Topics: Approach to learning Anesthesia, Medical Informatics, Basic Cardiopulmonary Physiology, Hemostasis, Congenital Heart Disease, Trauma, Bioterrorism, Medical Direction in the Operating Room, and more