From the bestselling What Every American Should Know … series, a look at the hot spots, hot shots, political muck ups, cross-border sniping and cultural brouhahas across the ocean
With the creation of the European Union and the introduction of the Euro, Europe has undergone a dizzying transformation recentlyso much so that even Europeans are scratching their heads. Melissa Rossi brings US readers up to date on what has changedand what makes each country tick.
• Which European nation most adores nuclear energy?
• Which country's residents are by far the richest?
• Which prominent leader was once a taxi driver?
• Why are the typically calm Dutch getting twitchy?
• What happened to Czechoslovakia?
With her trademark investigative flair and wry humor, Rossi gives the inside scoop on every nation in the European Union, with vital facts about local culture, politics, tourist attractions and recent events. From Portugal to Poland, What Every American Should Know About Europe is a no holds barred, humorous and comprehensive guide for anyone interested in what our transatlantic cousins are up to these days.