The evidence is into solve Windows crime, you need Windows tools
An arcane pursuit a decade ago, forensic science today is a household term. And while the computer forensic analyst may not lead as exciting a life as TV's CSIs do, he or she relies just as heavily on scientific principles and just as surely solves crime.
Whether you are contemplating a career in this growing field or are already an analyst in a Unix/Linux environment, this book prepares you to combat computer crime in the Windows world. Here are the tools to help you recover sabotaged files, track down the source of threatening e-mails, investigate industrial espionage, and expose computer criminals.
* Identify evidence of fraud, electronic theft, and employee Internet abuse
* Investigate crime related to instant messaging, Lotus Notes(r), and increasingly popular browsers such as Firefox(r)
* Learn what it takes to become a computer forensics analyst
* Take advantage of sample forms and layouts as well as case studies
* Protect the integrity of evidence
* Compile a forensic response toolkit
* Assess and analyze damage from computer crime and process the crime scene
* Develop a structure for effectively conducting investigations
* Discover how to locate evidence in the Windows Registry