Get your business off the ground with a killer brand and get the sales you want!
It's a great time to be an independent retailer! Whether you're a novice or seasoned professional, this practical how-to guide shows you how to start and run your business in today's marketplace from your original dream and the day-to-day operations to establishing a connection with customers and increasing your sales, both on the Web and at a brick-and-mortar shop.
- Get lessons from real-life experience the author shares his expertise in retail business (from his mistakes to his triumphs) and reveals what it takes to be successful
- Master all the basics of launching and growing a retail business from writing a business plan and finding a great location to hiring and keeping great staff
- Meet and exceed the expectations of today's consumer discover how to create positive shopping experiences, provide top-notch customer service, and earn customer loyalty
- Spread the word without going broke find out how to differentiate your business, generate word-of-mouth advertising, and plan effective sales and promotions
Bonus CD Includes
Forms, templates, and samples to simplify your business, from managing employees and inventory to tracking financial performance, creating sales and marketing tools, and adding signage to your store
See the CD appendix for details and complete system requirements.
Open the book and find:
- The 10 keys to retailing success
- How to design stores that work
- Where and how to buy merchandise
- The best ways to make your business memorable
- Expert tips for building your Web site and selling online
- Advice for handling legal and accounting issues
- In-the-trenches, proven management practices
- A crash course in the art of selling