In today's changing, dynamic, and increasingly global work environment, business students need more than talent.
It is important for students to have a firm foundation of basic skills and competencies-in addition to their talent and natural leadership qualities-so they can thrive in whatever area of business they choose. The renowned author team that has served as the voice of OB through ten editions has made significant improvements to their already sound pedagogy, current research, theory, and rich framework of personal and organizational skills. With a greater emphasis on ethics, leadership, and sustainability, the 11th Edition of Organizational Behavior gives students a rich portfolio of personal and organizational skills that will enable them to achieve and sustain the brilliant career that awaits them in today's global society.
What's New in the Eleventh Edition:
- New Co-Author - Professor Mary Uhl-Bien brings her expertise in ethics, leadership, communication, and diversity to this well-grounded text, as the Interim Director of the Leadership Institute at the University of Nebraska, Howard Hawks Chair in Business Ethics and Leadership, and Associate Director at Global Leadership Institute.
- New environmental and sustainability coverage throughout the text, cases, and video offerings.
- Emphasis on leadership research - The "Leaders on Leadership" feature has been broadened to include profiles on a variety of leaders at different levels throughout organizations, including those that aren't "super corporate".
- Enhanced "Making Ethics Personal" and "Research Insights" - Focused and engaging ethics questions will get students thinking critically about ethical dilemmas of managers. Valuable "Research Insights" exercises and projects in each chapter are designed for use by teams or the entire class.
- OB Skills Workbook - This valuable, unique supplement integrated at the end of the text contains the Jossey-Bass/Pfeiffer Classroom collection, Cases for Critical Thinking, Experiential Exercises, and Self-Assessment Inventories.
- New end-of-book cases developed to reinforce lessons, theories, and skills presented in the text.
- Flexibility - Each chapter has been edited for currency and increased flexibility for more applied and experiential teaching styles and shorter course cycles.
- WileyPLUS is an online teaching and learning environment that integrates the entire digital textbook with the most effective instructor and student resources to fit every learning style. The one-stop shop for students and instructors to access Skillsoft and CBS News video clips, tutorials, practice exercises, quizzes, self-assessments, crossword puzzles, MP3 lecture downloads, flashcards, teaching ideas, and animated and narrated illustrations from the text. www.wileyplus.com
Presents the following lessons learned from geese: people can get where they are going more quickly and easily when they travel together with a common direction and sense of mutual assistance; it pays to take turns doing the difficult tasks and sharing leadership roles because individuals in organizations are interdependent; and successful organizations in today's global environment are made up of people who are doing just that<-->working together to achieve a common goal. Annotation c. by Book News, Inc., Portland, Or.