Successfully Integrate BIM Throughout the Construction Life cycle
This practical book offers proven tools, methods, workflows, and invaluable insight on successfully integrating building information modeling into
every construction project. What's a good system for model management? How do you distribute tasks among a team? How can contractors thousands of miles away work with your BIM models at the home office? From estimating, clash detection, and sustainability to in-field RFIs, facility management, and more, this book takes you way past theory into real-world specifics on implementing BIM throughout the entire construction life cycle.
Construction manager and architect Brad Hardin has managed BIM-enabled construction projects around the world, and he taps into his experience to provide hands-on tutorials, broad coverage of multiple software packages, and pages crammed with practical tips, smart tactics, and field-tested techniques.
- Set up the BIM project to succeed from the start by using the right contracts, the right processes, and the right technology
- Leverage BIM preconstruction tools for site and constructability evaluation
- Help the estimating group improve accuracyand get team buy-in
- Enhance communication within the team and with outside trades and vendors
- Weave together civil, structural, MEP, LEED standards, and sustainability data into effective BIM workflows
- Extract site and topographical information and create a plan model for site logistics and staging
- Deliver 4D animations and stills for clients, team members, and construction personnel
- Stay grounded in reality with team-responsibility checklists and implementation strategies
- Learn proven methods for tracking and managing in-field RFIs, shop drawings, and submittals
- Eliminate blueprints and multiple paper trails with a single-source facility management model
- Incorporate software tools such as Google SketchUp®, Autodesk® Revit®, Innovaya, Timberline®, NavisWorks®, and Adobe® Pro into BIM projects