This book will teach you how to test computer software under real-world conditions. The authors have all been test managers and software development managers at well-known Silicon Valley software companies. Successful consumer software companies have learned how to produce high-quality products under tight time and budget constraints. The book explains the testing side of that success.
Who this book is for:
- Testers and Test Managers
- Project Managers-Understand the timeline, depth of investigation, and quality of communication to hold testers accountable for.
- Programmers-Gain insight into the sources of errors in your code, understand what tests your work will have to pass, and why testers do the things they do.
- Students-Train for an entry-level position in software development.
What you will learn:
- How to find important bugs quickly
- How to describe software errors clearly
- How to create a testing plan with a minimum of paperwork
- How to design and use a bug-tracking system
- Where testing fits in the product development process
- How to test products that will be translated into other languages
- How to test for compatibility with devices, such as printers
- What laws apply to software quality
Database & Network Journal
Deep insight and a great deal of experience is contained in this book.2000