Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset
Regarded as one of the top experts on investment valuation, NYU Stern Business School professor Aswath Damodaran returns with a completely revised Second Edition of his classic, Investment Valuation. This practical, comprehensive guide covers a wide range of tools and techniques, both new and old, for determining the value of any asset, including the valuation of stocks, bonds, options, futures, real assets, and much more.
Using updated real-world examples and the most current valuation tools, this Second Edition addresses new sectors such as dot-coms, private companies, and financial service firms that pose complex valuation problems. Damodaran guides you through the theory and application of different valuation models and clarifies the entire process from cash flow valuation and relative valuation to acquisition valuation.
An invaluable resource for authoritative information, analysis, and insight, Investment Valuation, Second Edition, covers all the key topics in asset valuation, including:
* Choosing the right valuation model for any given asset valuation scenario
* Applying valuation techniques to start-up firms, unconventional assets, private equity, and real estate
* Risk and return-domestically and abroad
* Value enhancement measures such as economic value-added (EVA) and cash flow return on investment (CFROI)
* Using real option theory and option pricing models in valuing individual assets such as patents as well as entire businesses
Investment Valuation, Second Edition, thoroughly explains the valuation process from the ground up and offers you some of the most flexible approaches to valuing assets. Now you can easily access a significant number of data sets and spreadsheets associated with this book online at www.damodaran.com. In fact, the valuations will be constantly updated online, so you can have a closer link to real-time valuations.
Filled with case studies and proven valuation models, this indispensable guide is a must for anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of investment valuation and its methods. Take the insight and advice of a recognized authority on the valuation process and put them to work for you today.