Ensemble: Grammaire en action integrates grammar review, culture, and thematic vocabulary. This integration helps students to express themselves more fully by using grammar in meaningful linguistic and cultural contexts. Grammaire en action is part of the Ensemble series, with Ensemble: Littérature, Ensemble: Culture et société, and Ensemble: Histoire.
New to this edition:
- The majority of the grammar activities have been revised so they can be done in pairs and groups to encourage more student interaction.
- New two-part essay-writing activity.
- Current cultural topics have been added to the introductory activities and the culture capsules. There is also a cultural index that includes French and Francophone names and places used in the activities.
- Chapter themes have been reshaped to bring them in line with current cultural trends, and two new themes, art and sports, have been added.
Available separately in the Ensemble Program:
- Ensemble: Littérature [ISBN: 0-470-00287-5] offers selections from some of the most fascinating French and Francophone authors, past and present. Pre-reading activities present essential facts concerning the authors and their other works, helping students to place the readings in context. Appréciation du texte post-reading activities check students’ comprehension of the literature.
- Ensemble: Culture et société [ISBN: 0-470-00290-5] offers reading selections around such themes as family, politics, and the arts, and emphasizes contemporary issues including urban renewal, immigrant workers, French-Canadian nationalism, and nouvelle cuisine. The selections in this volume include newspaper and magazine articles, excerpts from essays, literary works, travel guides, and interviews, and cartoons. Pre- and post-reading activities, role-playing activities, collaborative writing assignments, and suggestions for oral and written presentations also make up this volume.
- Ensemble: Histoire [ISBN: 0-470-00605-6] presents a wide selection of historical texts, many of which are authentic, from the middle ages to the modern period, to improve students’ command of the French language while providing glimpses into some important aspects of the history of France and the French-speaking world.
Additional components enhance the program:
- Activities Manual including the Lab Manual and Caméra DVD Manual
- Lab Audio CDs also available as mp3 files online at wiley.com/college/comeau
- Caméra DVD also available as QuickTime files online at wiley.com/college/comeau
- Complementary Book Companion Sites for students and for instructors (password-protected): wiley.com/college/comeau