The updated paperback edition of Weaver's landmark workthe essential manual on materials and procedures for restoring buildings
Conserving Buildings, Revised Edition, is the ideal resource for anyone involved in the maintenance, restoration, or rehabilitation of historic buildings. The book combines practical information on the characteristics, composition, and deterioration of building materials with detailed coverage of state-of-the-art conservation methods, fully updated in this edition with current developments in research and practice.
The book contains:
* Systematic treatment of all major building materialsstone, ceramics, masonry, cement-based materials, metal, glass, synthetic resins, and polymers
* Valuable instruction on the restoration and renewal of foundations and footings, slate roofing systems, materials, and other structural details
* Easy-to-follow procedures for conducting structural building surveys
* Over 150 photographs and line drawings, plus case studies from Columbia University's acclaimed Center for Preservation Research
* Newly expanded references, with accessible sources of further information
Whether used as a hands-on sourcebook or a technical desktop reference, Conserving Buildings, Revised Edition, is the manual of choice for architects, engineers, preservation professionals, historic building owners, and students.