How to create packaging designs for consumer brands that effectively communicate in the retail environment
Packaging Design: Successful Product Branding from Concept to Shelf is the most comprehensive resource of practical and professional information for creating packaging designs that serve as the marketing vehicles for consumer products. Packed with real-world advice, step-by-step descriptions of the creative process, and all-important insights into the stakeholders, the design process, and the production process, this book illuminates the business of packaging design like no other.
Whether you're a designer, brand manager, or packaging manufacturer, the highly visual coverage in Packaging Design will be useful to you, as well as everyone else involved in the packaging design process. In one convenient book, you'll find:
* Insightful images of the design process, design concepts, three-dimensional models, and prototypes
* A wealth of case studies showcasing how superior packaging designs were created
* A framework for today's packaging design business
* Environmental considerations, along with legal and regulatory issues
* Useful appendices with advice on portfolio development and professional practice guidelines