The inside scoop...for when you want more than the official line!
To use Microsoft Excel with confidence you'll need to know its quirks and shortcuts.Find out what the manual doesn't always tell you in this insider's guide to using Excel in the real world. What are the best practices used by pros? Are there shortcuts for repetitive tasks? From writing formulas to using charts, first get the official way, then the best way from an expert.
* Unbiased coverage of how to get the most out of Excel, create workbooks and templates, and get comfortable with the Excel environment
* Savvy, real-world advice, to help you set up, enter, format, and organize your data
* Time-saving techniques and practical guidance on creating custom macros with VBA, using PivotTables and PivotCharts, and sharing data
* Tips and hacks on how to use pre-set macros, AutoFill double-click, and other useful shortcuts to save you time
* Sidebars and tables featuring toolbar buttons and more ways to beproductive in Excel
Watch for these graphic icons in every chapter to guide you to specific practical information.
* Bright Ideas are smart innovations that will save you time or hassle.
* Hacks are insider tips and shortcuts that increase productivity. When you see
* Watch Out! heed the cautions or warnings to help you avoid common pitfalls. And finally, check out
* Inside Scoops for practical insights from the author. It's like having your own expert at your side!