The first clear guide to the minefields and meanings of postmodernism for history students.
- The book provides a step-by-step guide to postmodern theory for undergraduate students of Historical Theory and Historiography courses ¿ often compulsory modules
- Shortest and clearest introduction available to this essential yet challenging topic
- It provides examples of how historians have used postmodern theory in their research and writing
- It summarises anti-postmodernist criticisms and gives ways of responding to them
- The book aims to empower those frightened by postmodern theory and the very idea of it.