This biography of Trotsky provides readers with the first full account of Trotskys role during the Russian Civil War as Commissar for War.
- Concentrates on Trotskys years in power as much as his years in opposition.
- Will appeal to those interested in revolutionary politics, modern politics and political activists.
- Offers unique insight into the Russian Civil War and Trotskys role in founding the Red Army, which has been frequently summarised but never analysed.
- 2007 might see some marking of 90 years since 1917. There are likely to be various events and commemorations.
- Will show Trotsky as a pivotal figure of world history.