This text introduces the relationship between contemporary cultural theory and the study of history and references key theorists in order to make this link evident.
- A clear exposition of a specified theme (culture, power, post colonialism, etc.) and the key theorists identified with it.
- Makes complex and difficult theory accessible to undergraduates
- Outlines how cultural theories bear on established historical topics and categories, such as gender, class and politics.
- Gives concrete examples of historians own usage of such ideas drawn from a range of cultures, contexts and periods.
- Will be bought by history and sociology students.