Entre amis is a performance-oriented program designed to expand students' interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational communicative skills by presenting and rehearsing situations similar to those they will encounter in real life. Based on a progressive approach, Entre amis features thorough coverage of all four-language skills with a strong emphasis on oral communication. The language presented and practiced is always embedded in a French cultural context.
- Strong listening comprehension support includes instructor modeling in the Prise de contact, the initial presentations in the Buts communicatifs; student-to-student negotiating of meaning in Information Gap Activities; as well as activities on the video and the lab audio.
- Streamlined grammar sequence offers early introduction of the verb aller, a clear explanation of the comparative and superlative, and an accessible presentation of the subjunctive.
- Process Writing Activities begin with a Début de rédaction activity in the Intégration, constituting the first step of the writing process, and culminate with the Rédaction in the corresponding chapter of the workbook, providing students with many opportunities to improve their presentational skills by sharing personal information and ideas in contextualized writing assignments.
- Readings with Strategies feature authentic selections accompanied by pre- and post- strategies.
- Culture presentations include 30 strategically placed cultural capsules that provide a systematic tour of the francophone world and intelligent discussions of many up-to-date socialissues.
- Additional features include opportunities for self-testing, emphasis on active communication, and concise grammar explanations.
- Simultaneous development of text and workbook ensures that the content of the Cahier d'activités closely matches the content of the textbook.