The Clinical Nurse Specialist Toolkit serves as a one-stop, all-inclusive guide designed for novice Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs) just getting started in this exciting new career. Organized in an easy-to-use, bullet-point format, this book contains 6 key sections:
- Getting Started presents valuable information on negotiating and securing a job, with tips for interviews and the application process
- Moving Forward provides advice on establishing credibility in the field, prioritizing, and finding a mentor
- Gaining Momentum contains guidelines on mentoring staff, leading groups, and precepting students
- Evaluation sets forth critical information on how to document and measure clinical outcomes
- Reaching Out describes how to network with professional organizations and community agencies
- Professional Recognition provides practical guidance on applying for reimbursement and pursuing certification and licensure
With numerous clinical examples, case scenarios, and personal anecdotes culled from the contributors' own professional experiences, this toolkit serves as an insightful, authoritative resource for all CNS students and practitioners. Seasoned CNSs looking to expand their knowledge of the field will also want to add this book to their collection.